Medical Life Sciences: A Master’s programme in medical research
master programma medische biologie master programme biomedische wetenschappen masterprogramma moleculaire biologie Biomedizin Masterstudiengang Biomedical studies Biomedicine Genetics Master paleogenetics paleoanthropology Molecular biology evolutionary biology
Second application period for summer term 2017:
16 November - 31 December 2016
Welcome to Medical Life Sciences! We train students for careers in biomedical research. Check the webpage to find out what the programme is about and why studying Medical Life Sciences is worth your while.
Medical Life Sciences offers
- a molecular focus on major disease indications
- teaching by clinicians and scientists of international reputation (Nature, Science, PNAS, NEJM publications)
- project work in high-end research labs
- in-depth information on paleogenetics of disease
- opportunities to write your Master's thesis abroad in labs of research partners depending on research project chosen (e.g. South Africa, Denmark, Hawaii)
the opportunity to apply for annual partial scholarships (Deutschlandstipendium for MedLife students, sponsored by Abbvie Deutschland GbmH & CoKG and BMBF)
- lab internships in the pharmaceutical industry provided by
- integration into the Cluster of Excellence Inflammation at Interfaces.
Medical Life Sciences is a full-time programme and the regulation study time is four semesters. Each semester, 30 credit points have to be acquired, i.e. 750-900 work hours need to go into your studies. The fourth semester is dedicated to the Master’s thesis. The degree awarded is a Master of Science (MSc).
Medical Life Sciences is free of study fees. For enrolling at Kiel University, there is a one-time registration fee of 55 EUR. For each semester, a university administration fee applies, which includes a semester pass for public transport in Kiel. For 2016/17, the admin fee is 120 EUR. For more information, click here.